lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Lucene 1483 and Auto resolution
Date Fri, 24 Apr 2009 12:01:00 GMT
Ah, right - thats basically what I was suggesting, though I was thinking
that we might need to resolve twice, but of course your right and we
don't have to. Lucene does still use fshq for back compat (for custom
field source I think?), but I can just do the auto resolution in
IndexSearcher only in non legacy mode and restore auto resolution to
fshq. That will avoid the harmless but wasteful double resolve in legacy
mode. Had no code to look at when I sent that out.

- Mark