lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Lucene 1483 and Auto resolution
Date Thu, 23 Apr 2009 22:48:16 GMT
Just got off the train and ny to ct has a brilliant bar car, so lest I
forget:

1483 moved auto resolution from fshq to indexsearcher - which is a back
compat break if you were using a fshq without indexsearcher (Solr does
it - anyone could). Annoying. If I remember right, I did it to resolve
auto on the multireader rather than each individual segment reader. So
the change is needed and not allowed. Perhaps it could just re-resolve
like before though - if indexsearcher has already resolved, fine,
otherwise it will be done again at the fshq level. Ill issue it up later.

--
- Mark

http://www.lucidimagination.com