lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Dawid Weiss <dawid.we...@cs.put.poznan.pl>
Subject Re: Synonym filter with support for phrases?
Date Wed, 22 Apr 2009 15:56:03 GMT

> engine. So guys looking for "MSU CMC" really want to get "Московский
> Государственный Университет, факультет ВМиК" and
his friends.

And? How often do they extend this particular phrase with further terms? It must
be fun to have an index running concurrently on multi language synonyms, mixing
the two.

>> We deviated off course with this conversation though. I see your point and I respect
it.
> Hm? I just shared some experience. Will no longer steer away :)

Oh, don't get me wrong, I appreciate you talking about your experiences -- the
way you implemented synonyms is certainly interesting. I just didn't want this
thread to become focused on the discussion what's right and wrong because
everything depends on the application. I'm wondering what other people did in
similar situations, that's all.

Dawid