lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Move TrieRange to Core/Module and integration issues
Date Mon, 13 Apr 2009 15:55:25 GMT
Uwe Schindler wrote:
> MultiTermQuery has in its protected getEnum() returning FilteredTermEnum.
> For TrieRange, the return should be changed to TermEnum, it is not needed to
> have a FilteredTermEnum (FilteredTermEnum is only an implementation, the
> method should return an abstract TermEnum). If this is fixed, I can write a
> NumericRangeTermEnum extends TermEnum, that enumerates the terms for all
> sub-ranges (with FilteredTermEnum this is not possible), so it must be a
> "own" extension. FilteredTermEnum could be used if it would be possible to
> access the inner enum and term members (currently private), but this would
> be a completely "unclean hack".
Have you considered how to fix this? Fuzzy is what expects the
FilteredTermEnum - it could just be changed to cast though, but we still
have a back compat issue changing that method. I think we'd have to
deprecate and add another call? TrieRange could throw USOE with the old
enum?

I think thats worth fixing in either case.

--
- Mark

http://www.lucidimagination.com