lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: IndexReader plugins
Date Mon, 13 Apr 2009 12:53:14 GMT
Michael McCandless wrote:
> This is really orthogonal to LUCENE-831 (the field cache is just one
> component).  They can land in either order...

Yes, and the API does look interesting. I didn't mean to try and tie the
discussion of it to LUCENE-831. I just wanted Earwin to know we are not
going to leave him out to dry there. The code given as an example of
what the proposed API tries to solve has already been factored out of a
very early patch :) None of this being a big deal about anything, but I
got the impression Earwin is quite worried the new FieldCache API will
be limiting for his needs, and I wanted to ensure to him that it won't
end up being the case.

IndexReader plugin makes sense either way. I'm only beginning to digest
it though.

--
- Mark

http://www.lucidimagination.com