lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Federica Falini Data Management S.p.A" <ffal...@datamanagement.it>
Subject Re: Probelm sort on TermEnum
Date Wed, 08 Apr 2009 07:42:30 GMT
Hi Steve, in fact the list of terms returned is for user consumption.
 From every term is possible with a link to activate a search on the
term itself and access to document.

Annales <http://localhost:8090/SN_OP?action=search&thTitoloBase2=Annales>
cafe <http://localhost:8090/SN_OP?action=search&thTitoloBase2=cafe>
Cafè <http://localhost:8090/SN_OP?action=search&thTitoloBase2=Caf%C3%A8>
zucche <http://localhost:8090/SN_OP?action=search&thTitoloBase2=zucche>

Thanks
Federica

Steven A Rowe ha scritto:

>On 4/7/2009 at 1:19 PM, Michael McCandless wrote:
>

>>I think the new contrib/collation package may address this use case?
>>It converts each term to its CollationKey, outside of Lucene.
>>

>Since AFAIK CollationKey creation is a one-way process, CollationKeyFilter may not be
useful for Federica.

>Federica, what use do you make of the terms returned by reader.terms()?  I ask because
the new CollationKeyFilter would produce terms that would not be suitable for human consumption,
but might be useful for other purposes.

>Steve
>

>>On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 7:36 AM, Federica Falini Data Management S.p.A
>><ffalini@datamanagement.it> wrote:
>>

>>>Good morning,
>>>In Lucene 2.2 i have made modification to Term.java, TermBuffer.java
>>>(see below)  in order to have  Term enumerations sorted case-insensitive
>>>(when a field is not-tokenized):
>>>TermEnum terms = reader.terms(new Term("myFieldNotTokenized", ""));
>>>      while ("myFieldNotTokenized".equals(terms.term().field())) {
>>>
>>>        System.out.println( "     " + terms.term());
>>>        if (!terms.next()) break;
>>>  }
>>>
>>>For example, instead to obtain this sort on TermEnum:
>>>
>>>Annales
>>>Cafè
>>>Zucche
>>>cafe
>>>
>>>i need to obtain this :
>>>
>>>Annales
>>>cafe
>>>Cafè
>>>Zucche
>>>
>>>Now in Lucene 2.4 i find it difficult because the package "index" is
>>>changed a lot; can i have some indications to keep my sort?
>>>Thanks in advance
>>>Federica

*Federica FALINI
*
Divisione Beni Culturali

Data Management S.p.A.
<http://identity.datamanagement.it/web/img/email/dm_logo_email.gif>

tel: +39.0544.503.*886*
fax: +39.0544.461697
e-mail: ffalini@datamanagement.it <mailto:ffalini@datamanagement.it>
web: http://www.datamanagement.it <http://www.datamanagement.it/>

48100 - Ravenna (RA)
Via S.Cavina, n 7
Italy
Questo messaggio di posta elettronica contiene informazioni di carattere
confidenziale rivolte esclusivamente al destinatario sopra indicato. E'
vietato l'uso, la diffusione, distribuzione o riproduzione da parte di
ogni altra persona. Nel caso aveste ricevuto questo messaggio di posta
elettronica per errore, siete pregati di segnalarlo immediatamente al
mittente e distruggere quanto ricevuto (compresi i file allegati) senza
farne copia. /This e-mail transmission may contain legally privileged
and/or confidential information. Please do not read it if you are not
the intended recipient(S). Any use, distribution, reproduction or
disclosure by any other person is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender and destroy the
original transmission and its attachments without reading or saving it
in any manner./