lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Steven A Rowe <>
Subject RE: I wanna contribute a Chinese analyzer to lucene
Date Thu, 16 Apr 2009 16:42:55 GMT
In addition to Ken's suggestions, check out
for some help on getting set up. - Steve

From: Ken Krugler []
Sent: Thursday, April 16, 2009 10:16 AM
Subject: Re: I wanna contribute a Chinese analyzer to lucene

I wrote a Analyzer for apache lucene for analyzing sentences in Chinese language, it's called
imdict-chinese-analyzer as it is a subproject of imdict<>, which
is an intelligent online dictionary.

The project on google code is here:

I took a quick look, but didn't see any code posted there yet.

This Analyzer contains two packages, the source code and the lexical dictionary. I want to
publish the source code using Apache license, but the dictionary which is under an ambigus
license was not create by me.
So, can I only submit the source code to lucene contribution repository, and let the users
download the dictionary from the google code site?

I believe your code can be a contrib, with a reference to the dictionary. So a first step
would be to open an issue in Lucene's Jira (,
and post your source as a patch.

The best way to get the right answer to the legal issue is to post it to the
list (join it first), as Apache's lawyers can then respond to your specific question.

-- Ken

Ken Krugler
+1 530-210-6378

View raw message