lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Willnauer <simon.willna...@googlemail.com>
Subject Is minor code cleanup desirable?
Date Fri, 13 Mar 2009 10:31:10 GMT
Hi,
currently I walk through the current trunk code related to scoring and
I find some parts in the code where some minor cleanup / optimization
can bring a tiny speed improvement. I do have to look at all this code
anyway so I wanna ask if it is desirable to add this minor
optimizations.
I found a couple of "getter" method calls inside loops which could be
assigned to final local variables or  local variables which could be
final.
I know this bring just a very very slight optimization but during the
score process every instruction could be useful.

If it is desirable I will prepare some diffs where it is appropriate
and add them to JIRA.

simon