lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: move TrieRange* to core?
Date Sat, 21 Mar 2009 01:53:34 GMT

(resending msg from earlier today during @apache mail outage -- i didn't
get a copy from the list, so i'm assuming no one did)

: Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 16:51:05 -0700 (PDT)
:
: : I think we should move TrieRange* into core before 2.9?
:
: -0
:
: I think we should try to move more things *out* of the core in 3.0 (as
: i've mentioned in other threads) ... but i certianly understand the
: arguments for going the other direction.
:
: : It's received alot of attention, from both developers (Uwe & Yonik did
: : lots of iterations, and Solr is folding it in) and user interest.
:
: it's a chicken/egg problem that we move things into the core because they
: are very useful and we want to give them more visibilty, but if we had
: less things in the core and more things in contribs (query parser, spans,
: "standard" analyzer, non-primative Query impls, etc...) then contribs as a
: whole would be more visible.  ... I'm getting a sense of deja-vu, ah
: yes, here it is ...
:
: http://www.nabble.com/Moving-SweetSpotSimilarity-out-of-contrib-to19267437.html#a19320894
: