lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Use of Unicode data in Lucene
Date Thu, 05 Mar 2009 23:00:03 GMT

: I can implement the functionality just using the data tables from the Unicode
: Consortium, including http://www.unicode.org/reports/tr39, but there's still
: the issue of the Unicode data license and its compatibility with Apache 2.0.
:
: Does anybody know whether http://www.unicode.org/copyright.html creates an
: issue? What's the process for vetting a license? Or is this something I should
: be posting to a different list?

The "authoritative" docs to be familiar with are...
	http://www.apache.org/legal/3party.html
and	http://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html

..but it's not clear to me exactly where the Unicode copyright/licenseing
rules fall into the spectrum.

The best place to ask questions about license compatibility issues is
legal-discuss@apache (i'm pretty sure Ken already found that out since he
posted there, just mentioning it for anyone else who might be interested)

-Hoss