lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Getting tokens from search results. Simple concept
Date Thu, 05 Mar 2009 22:42:26 GMT

: What I would LOVE is if I could do it in a standard Lucene search like I
: mentioned earlier.
: Hit.doc[0].getHitTokenList() :confused:
: Something like this...

The Query/Scorer APIs don't provide any mechanism for information like
that to be conveyed back up the call chain -- mainly because it's more
heavy weight then most people need.

If you have custom Query/Scorer implementations, you can keep track of
whatever state you want when executing a QUery -- in fact the SpanQuery
family of queries do keep track of exactly the type of info you seem to
want, and after executing a query, you can ask it for the "Spans" of any
matching document -- the down side is the a loss in performance of query
execution (because it takes time/memory to keep track of all the matches)

-Hoss