lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: New flexible query parser
Date Tue, 17 Mar 2009 11:06:48 GMT

On Mar 16, 2009, at 7:23 PM, Michael Busch wrote:

> So if there is interest we would like to contribute this work to
> Lucene.
> I think the amount of code (~6K LOC) is higher than in a usual patch,
> but also lower than some contrib modules. So I'm not sure if we could
> contribute it as a normal patch or maybe a software grant?

Yes, it would need to be done through a software grant.  I can
facilitate that.  The process is relatively painless.  See http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/index.html

  and http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/public/trunk/site-author/ip-clearance/ip-clearance-template.xml

Basically, file it as a patch and then let the list know, and I can
start the paperwork.  It would really help if you would go through the
template and make sure that it is easy for me to answer all the
questions in it (things like licenses, MD5 hashes, etc.)

-Grant