lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Shai Erera <ser...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is TopDocCollector's collect() implementation correct?
Date Sat, 21 Mar 2009 04:35:47 GMT
Thanks Chris/Hoss (not sure who sent the original reply).

I don't like calling pq.lessThan, as pq.insert and pq.insertWithOverflow
call it anyway internally and since it would add a method call (something
that was tried to be avoided in the current implementation), I prefer the
code I proposed below.

BTW, I introduced 1356, so I take full responsibility on this overlooking.
The main reason for 1356 was to allow creating extensions of TopDocCollector
so they can be of the same type, and share the topDocs() and totalHIts()
implementations.

I can file an issue. Any other comments?

Shai