lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: GSoC 09 project ideas...
Date Wed, 18 Mar 2009 18:26:59 GMT

On Mar 18, 2009, at 12:04 PM, Zaid Md. Abdul Wahab Sheikh wrote:

> Hi lucene,
> In this link http://wiki.apache.org/general/SummerOfCode2009 , there
> are no project ideas for Lucene proper. (Only ideas for Mahout
> listed).

This requires someone (has to be a committer) willing to mentor.  I'd
love to see a Lucene GSOC project, but I'm already mentoring on Mahout
and don't have time for more than one.

> Please put up some ideas for Lucene there or please mention some
> popular open issues that might be suitable as a GSoC project.

As for ideas, what the others said would be good, I'd also add in:
Design/implement the query side of the new TokenStream Attribute stuff
so that we are closer to flexible indexing.

New/updated demo would be great, one that shows off more of Lucene.

-Grant