lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Earwin Burrfoot <ear...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: NIO.2
Date Sat, 28 Mar 2009 17:57:34 GMT
> I think having async IO will be great, though I wonder how we would
> change Lucene to take advantage of it.  It ought to gain us
> concurrency (eg we can score last chunk while we have an io request
> out to retrieve next chunk, of term docs / positions / etc.).
A presentation given above references Big*Buffers, including
MappedBigByteBuffer, which differ from their not-so-Big counterparts
in using long sizes/offsets. That means (woo-hoo!) a way better
MMapDirectory.

Everything else there is totally irrelevant to lucene. Okay, maybe
atomic file moves, but that part of Directory is long time deprecated
:)

ICQ: 104465785