lucene-dev mailing list archives

From kgeeva <kgeevargh...@hoovers.com>
Subject App on two servers - best way to use Lucence?
Date Wed, 25 Mar 2009 14:46:32 GMT

I have an application on two servers. Is the best practice to have two lucene
indexes - one on each server for the app or is it best to have one index (on
one physical path) which can be shared by both servers?

Both the indexes need to be in sync 24/7.
I would need to do updates and searches on the indexes. If I have two
indexes and an update is made on one server should I call a method to update
the second server index also to keep it in sync?
I have read of the classes MultiSearcher and ParalleMultiSearcher to use for
searching multiple indexes.
Are there similar classes to update multiple indexes?
Are there any issues with having a shared path for the index and multiple
servers updating the same index?

Thank you,
Koshy