> to be able to benchmark indexing and querying at the same time.  Basically, X threads querying in parallel while writes/commits are taking place.

+1 Agreed, this is useful for benchmarking realtime search (which is some of the motivation for learning and improving the benchmark code).

On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 11:02 AM, Grant Ingersoll <gsingers@apache.org> wrote:

On Feb 9, 2009, at 12:24 PM, Jason Rutherglen wrote:

I'm planning to work on incorporating Mike's Python scripts into the
Java benchmark code. I'd like to keep track of overall suggestions
for improvements to contrib/benchmark. Perhaps I should open an issue
so people can post suggestions? This way I can look at them and code
them up (as I'll forget otherwise or they'll be lost in the dev
list).

I forget whether it's possible or not, but I'd love to be able to benchmark indexing and querying at the same time.  Basically, X threads querying in parallel while writes/commits are taking place.

As for tracking suggestions, there is a contrib/benchmark component in JIRA for Lucene, so if people just add a JIRA issue against that component, we shouldn't lose track.