lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Yonik Seeley <>
Subject Re: TrieRange
Date Sat, 07 Feb 2009 17:51:04 GMT
On Sat, Feb 7, 2009 at 12:29 PM, Uwe Schindler <> wrote:
> This is only a minimal optimization, suitable for very large indexes. The
> problem is: if you have many terms in highest precission (a lot of different
> double values), seeking is more costly if you jump from higher to lower
> precisions.

That's my point... in very large indexes this should not result in any
difference at all on average because the terms would be no where near
each other.

As an example: in a very big index, one wants to independently collect
all documents that match "apple" and all documents that match "zebra",
which term you seek to first should not matter.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message