lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject failure in TestTrieRangeQuery
Date Tue, 03 Feb 2009 20:15:31 GMT

I just had this failure happen:

     [junit] Testcase:
testRangeSplit_4bit(org.apache.lucene.search.trie.TestTrieRangeQuery):
FAILED
     [junit] Returned count of range query must be equal to exclusive
range length expected:<0> but was:<-1>
     [junit] junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: Returned count of
range query must be equal to exclusive range length expected:<0> but
was:<-1>
     [junit] 	at
org
.apache
.lucene
.search.trie.TestTrieRangeQuery.testRangeSplit(TestTrieRangeQuery.java:
203)
     [junit] 	at
org
.apache
.lucene
.search
.trie.TestTrieRangeQuery.testRangeSplit_4bit(TestTrieRangeQuery.java:
220)

It's not repeatable, which is fine (because the test has randomness,
which we should leave in there).

I think it's a false failure; it happened because upper and lower were
the same value.

Uwe does that sound right?  If so maybe we can just add this:

   if (upper == lower) {
     upper = 1+lower;
   }

?