lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: Move deletes to a top level boolean AND NOT query
Date Thu, 19 Feb 2009 18:52:23 GMT

I don't think anyone is working on it..., because It looks like this
is a real hit to performance (the results I posted on LUCENE-1476).
We shouldn't do it.

And, in fact, we should consider doing the reverse: taking filters
that are now applied via iteration and instead distributing them down
to each TermQuery (LUCENE-1536) via random-access API (if the filter
can support it); that can give much better performance.

However I need to redo these tests once LUCENE-1345 is in.

Mike