lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: LIA2 on l.a.o/java OK?
Date Fri, 20 Feb 2009 11:56:51 GMT
Isn't that what http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/Resources is for?
I like LIA as much as the next person,  but if we do it for LIA2 then
it opens the door for others (http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Lucene&x=0&y=0

) which will likely clutter the page quite a bit.

Maybe an alternative is to more prominently link the book section of
the Resources page from the main site?  I could see adding a "Books on
Lucene" menu item and maybe even having a separate Wiki page for books
if you want.

I'm also totally for any and all authors submitting "News Item"
patches to the front page, so it would be totally appropriate to link
it there (in fact, that will give you more prominence anyway).  I just
don't think we can imply that LIA2 is the "official book on Lucene".

-Grant