lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Porting benchmark suite
Date Mon, 09 Feb 2009 19:02:22 GMT

On Feb 9, 2009, at 12:24 PM, Jason Rutherglen wrote:

> I'm planning to work on incorporating Mike's Python scripts into the
> Java benchmark code. I'd like to keep track of overall suggestions
> for improvements to contrib/benchmark. Perhaps I should open an issue
> so people can post suggestions? This way I can look at them and code
> them up (as I'll forget otherwise or they'll be lost in the dev
> list).

I forget whether it's possible or not, but I'd love to be able to
benchmark indexing and querying at the same time.  Basically, X
threads querying in parallel while writes/commits are taking place.

As for tracking suggestions, there is a contrib/benchmark component in
JIRA for Lucene, so if people just add a JIRA issue against that
component, we shouldn't lose track.