lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Porting benchmark suite
Date Mon, 09 Feb 2009 17:31:42 GMT
Jason Rutherglen wrote:
> I'm planning to work on incorporating Mike's Python scripts into the
> Java benchmark code.
+1! I had an itch to do this myself, but it never got scratched.

> I'd like to keep track of overall suggestions
> for improvements to contrib/benchmark. Perhaps I should open an issue
> so people can post suggestions? This way I can look at them and code
> them up (as I'll forget otherwise or they'll be lost in the dev
> list). Marvin may think of improvements in the midst of porting
> (seems he already has).
I'm not against the idea I suppose, but I think the current method of
posting an issue if you have an idea works just fine (eg an issue per
idea, all related to benchmark or not). It can always be closed if it
ends up being too pie in the sky or something.

- Mark