lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan McKinley <ryan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: TrieRange
Date Sat, 07 Feb 2009 14:24:38 GMT

> This change would require a complete API change (as you proposed),
> the only
> problem is, I pointed a lot of people to the new (unreleased code).
> They
> have to reindex their docs and change the code. So my question: Is
> anybody
> using TrieRangeQuery at the moment?

I don't pretend to speak for anyone using TrieRangeQuery at the
moment, but...

If there is an improovement that can be made before a release, i think
that is a good idea.  From the sound of this, this seems like a pretty
good direction.

For the people already using TrieRangeQuery, they can continue to use
it by sticking with the nightly build they are using now.  If someone
is using /trunk, they should be ready for changes like this to happen.

ryan