lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "patrick o'leary" <polear...@aol.com>
Subject Re: solr NumberUtils to lucene?
Date Wed, 17 Dec 2008 16:56:04 GMT
It would be great to get it consistent I cherry picked when someone
pointed it out to me

Erik Hatcher wrote:
> My thoughts... bring over any simple functions like these are that are
> generally useful.    At a quick glance, the functions in Solr's
> NumberUtils are generally useful and fit well in Lucene's
> NumberTools.  What's the harm?
>
>    Erik
>
> On Dec 16, 2008, at 9:14 PM, Ryan McKinley wrote:
>
>> I posted this same question for the same reasons a while back...
>> http://markmail.org/message/mji7jnpa5xjfflmw
>>
>> I'm looking at local lucene and trying to figure out how it could go
>> into lucene.  As is, locallucene depends on solr since it needs
>> NumberUtils.
>>
>> Any change of heart for moving it into lucene?

Patrick O'Leary

AOL Local Search Technologies
Phone: + 1 703 265 8763

You see, wire telegraph is a kind of a very, very long cat. You pull his tail in New York
and his head is meowing in Los Angeles.
 Do you understand this?
And radio operates exactly the same way: you send signals here, they receive them there. The
only difference is that there is no cat.
  - Albert Einstein

View Patrick O Leary's LinkedIn profileView Patrick O Leary's profile
<http://www.linkedin.com/in/pjaol>