lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Java logging in Lucene
Date Fri, 05 Dec 2008 22:31:12 GMT
For some additional context, go over to the Solr mail archive and
search for "Logging, SLF4J" or see http://lucene.markmail.org/message/gxifhjzmn6hgloy7?q=Solr+logging+SLF4J

I personally don't like JUL and would be against using it.  I could,
maybe, just maybe, be talked into SLF4J.

The other thing I worry about is that the logging will probably be
carefully crafted at first, but then will grow and grow and end up in
some tight loops, etc.

Ah, for the days of the C preprocessor, where we could easily deliver
a version of Lucene w/ logging and without for this kind of
debugging...  ;-)

-Grant