lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Yonik Seeley" <yo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Adding dependency to servlet-api
Date Wed, 05 Nov 2008 15:08:11 GMT
On Wed, Nov 5, 2008 at 5:16 AM, mark harwood <markharw00d@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Just checked Solr (forgot about that obvious precedent!) and they have it in trunk/lib
and an entry in trunk/notice.txt which reads:

> "  Includes software from other Apache Software Foundation projects, including, but not
limited to:
>      - Apache Tomcat (lib/servlet-api-2.4.jar)
>  "
> I thought the servlet api was Sun's to be honest so not sure why it is credited to Tomcat.

That's where I grabbed it from (Tomcat) and they have nothing special
in NOTICE about it, so technically nothing extra at all is needed in
Solr's NOTICE.

As far as how Sun fits in, perhaps they did the spec (a document), and
Tomcat made their own compilable java files?  As an ASF project, I
relied on Tomcat having done their license/notice stuff correctly.

-Yonik