lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: Code Formatting
Date Sun, 09 Nov 2008 19:59:56 GMT

I too am bugged by inconsistent formatting and must hold back the
temptation to fix it.

And I agree a patch for a real change should not mix-in formatting
changes.

I do worry that wholesale formatting changes will obsolete pending
patches (though really we should try to keep "pending patches" at a
minimum -- hmm I see we have 73 open issues with patch available), and
make someone with alot of pending changes pull all their hair out
after doing "svn up".  I'm not sure if that cost makes it worth it net/
net.  Plus, unless we get help enforcing the styles over time (eg the
ideas in the Solr thread), things will likely diverge with time again
anyway.

Mike