lucene-dev mailing list archives

From DM Smith <dmsmith...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Code Formatting
Date Mon, 10 Nov 2008 16:13:25 GMT
It seems to me that the following would work:
1) All new code (contrib too) has to be formatted according to
published standards. This can be done either by the person doing the
submission, by a committer, or .... (It doesn't matter to me)
2) All existing code for which there is no patch can be changed today.
People who are working on future patches can merge the changes into
their code, possibly with some difficulty.
3) Code for which there are patches is problematic. But I would think
that if one is applying the last patch to a file, one could then
follow that with a format change.

-- DM