lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: FileNotFoundException during IndexWriter#commit in lucene-2.4.0
Date Fri, 21 Nov 2008 09:55:43 GMT

That exception actually isn't during commit -- it's during
addDocument.  Are you saying there was a separate thread calling
commit at the same time?

The error is very odd: Lucene is trying to create the file _3.fdt
(open for "rw" as you noted), yet hit a FileNotFoundException.  Can
you check that the index directory is actually writable by your
process, and reply back with the "ls -l" output?

The "unable to unlink" error is probably just Lucene trying to clean
up on handling the exception.

It's OK for the JVM to be kill -9'd in 2.4 as well as 2.3 (it won't
corrupt your index).  It's OS/hardware crashes, power loss, etc, where
2.3 could corrupt the index but 2.4 shouldn't.

Mike