lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <>
Subject Re:, readOnly)
Date Wed, 05 Nov 2008 20:29:14 GMT

Well... I didn't add it (and open(String path, boolean readOnly))
because I was hoping to keep the combinatoric explosion in check (eg
IndexWriter's ctors scare me).

Also, looking forward to 3.0, when the plan is to have return a readOnly reader by default, I think it
should only be the complex/expert methods that take a readOnly param,
on the thinking that most users would not need to change it.

But I don't feel very strongly about it -- if you think we need two
more's, I don't mind adding it...