lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <cutt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Broken javadocs->site docs links
Date Fri, 07 Nov 2008 18:35:29 GMT
Steven A Rowe wrote:
> This would not entirely fix the issue; each version's javadocs should link to the same
version of the site docs, rather than to the latest version (which is what I assume you mean
here).

Right.  The javadocs should use a relative link to point to versioned
docs.  But, if releases have been made and broken links to absolute urls
are in the wild, we can patch that with .htaccess.

> Are you arguing that the trunk javadocs should not be published anywhere at all?

I've mostly given up on that battle...  Developers by definition can
build their own javadocs, and a link, even from the developer part of
the site, gives nightly builds more legitimacy.  If folks really want,
they can find and bookmark the nightly link on Hudson.

But, back to the issue at hand, fixing broken links in the javadocs on
Hudson seems like a low priority.

Doug