lucene-dev mailing list archives

From mark harwood <markharw...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: Adding dependency to servlet-api
Date Wed, 05 Nov 2008 11:31:32 GMT
>>How about simply adding a query parser plugin to Solr using the XML query parser?

My initial concern is to make public in Lucene/contrib the demo web app I have just written
up for Lucene In Action 2. I wanted to put this in Lucene/contrib rather than limit it to
being code distributed with the book.
This aside, I think it's generally important to maintain documentation/demos/code and other
useful resources under the core Lucene project for those people where Solr might not necessarily
be the answer.

>>I'd be happy to help or to even go the full distance and implement it myself.

Adding XML query support to Solr certainly sounds like it would be a sensible idea. I think
applications with advanced query criteria struggle with the constraints of standard Lucene
QueryParser syntax or passing "flat" parameters in Solr urls.
Not sure I can commit any time to extending Solr myself but happy to support you with any
guidance you may need on this.

Cheers,
Mark