lucene-dev mailing list archives

From robert engels <reng...@ix.netcom.com>
Subject Re: Allow IndexReader to take ownership of Directory
Date Tue, 18 Nov 2008 20:49:53 GMT
Why not create new lightweight references to the the directory, and
using WeakReferences and ReferenceQueues and avoid the need to
manually use incRef and decRef ?

Tracking state like this almost always leads to problems - this is
why Java has GC in the first place - because it is very difficult to
perform this sort of resource tracking.