lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: DOAP Error Report
Date Tue, 14 Oct 2008 20:30:38 GMT

Chris Hostetter wrote:

> : I was confused (when releasing 2.4.0) because there was alot of
> stuff in there
> : that looked like leftover cruft from before we switched much of the
> : documentation to be versioned with releases.
>
> i think you made the right call ... there's just a few things tha
> sliped
> through the cracks, if we take care of them the right way we won't
> have
> these problems in the future.
>
> : In fact, shouldn't we move doap.rdf from /lucene/
> :
> :   https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/java/trunk/docs/doap.rdf
> :
> : to:
> :
> :   https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/java/site/docs/doap.rdf
>
> just to clarify: site/docs are the website docs that aren't version
> specific, and trunk/docs are hte docs included in every release that
> are
> version specific ... correct?  (this info doesn't seme to have ever
> made
> it into the HowToUpdateTheWebsite) .. if that's the case, then i
> think you
> are correct.
>
> the docs/api redirect i hacked into the live site (and you
> thankfully fixed for me) should also probably be moved to here...
>

> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/java/site/docs/.htaccess
> (now that i realize it exists)

OK I did this and it looks like it's working.  Will hold breath for
site refresh...

But.... under Resources -> Developers, there is a link to get to the
nightly documentation.  That works, but then when I click on any of
the links under Javadocs, eg this one:

     http://lucene.apache.org/java/docs/nightly/api/index.html

I hit HTTP 404.

Grant isn't your nightly cron supposed to copy up the nightly
javadocs?  It seems to be copying up the static website docs, just not
the javadocs?  Or, should we redirect to hudson?  Last time we talked
about it:

     http://markmail.org/message/6z2nibxzxus5mzu2

it wasn't clear what consensus was reached as to whether nightly
javadocs should come from hudson vs flat files copied into p.a.o.

Mike