lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: DOAP Error Report
Date Tue, 14 Oct 2008 20:49:27 GMT

On Oct 14, 2008, at 4:30 PM, Michael McCandless wrote:

> Chris Hostetter wrote:
>

>> : I was confused (when releasing 2.4.0) because there was alot of
>> stuff in there
>> : that looked like leftover cruft from before we switched much of the
>> : documentation to be versioned with releases.
>>
>> i think you made the right call ... there's just a few things tha
>> sliped
>> through the cracks, if we take care of them the right way we won't
>> have
>> these problems in the future.
>>
>> : In fact, shouldn't we move doap.rdf from /lucene/
>> :
>> :   https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/java/trunk/docs/doap.rdf
>> :
>> : to:
>> :
>> :   https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/java/site/docs/doap.rdf
>>
>> just to clarify: site/docs are the website docs that aren't version
>> specific, and trunk/docs are hte docs included in every release
>> that are
>> version specific ... correct?  (this info doesn't seme to have ever
>> made
>> it into the HowToUpdateTheWebsite) .. if that's the case, then i
>> think you
>> are correct.
>>
>> the docs/api redirect i hacked into the live site (and you
>> thankfully fixed for me) should also probably be moved to here...
>>

>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/java/site/docs/.htaccess
>> (now that i realize it exists)
>
> OK I did this and it looks like it's working.  Will hold breath for
> site refresh...
>
> But.... under Resources -> Developers, there is a link to get to the
> nightly documentation.  That works, but then when I click on any of
> the links under Javadocs, eg this one:
>
>    http://lucene.apache.org/java/docs/nightly/api/index.html
>
> I hit HTTP 404.
>
> Grant isn't your nightly cron supposed to copy up the nightly
> javadocs?  It seems to be copying up the static website docs, just
> not the javadocs?  Or, should we redirect to hudson?  Last time we
> talked about it:
>
>    http://markmail.org/message/6z2nibxzxus5mzu2
>
> it wasn't clear what consensus was reached as to whether nightly
> javadocs should come from hudson vs flat files copied into p.a.o.

Here's my cron:
#!/bin/sh
/usr/local/bin/svn export --force http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/java/site/docs
  /www/lucene.apache.org/java/docs
/usr/local/bin/svn export --force http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/java/trunk/docs
  /www/lucene.apache.org/java/docs/nightly

I thought we were redirecting.  I seem to recall putting an .htaccess
into that directory to redirect to Hudson, but it isn't there now.

-Grant