lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: DOAP Error Report
Date Tue, 14 Oct 2008 20:10:38 GMT

Chris Hostetter wrote:

> : I was confused (when releasing 2.4.0) because there was alot of
> stuff in there
> : that looked like leftover cruft from before we switched much of the
> : documentation to be versioned with releases.
>
> i think you made the right call ... there's just a few things tha
> sliped
> through the cracks, if we take care of them the right way we won't
> have
> these problems in the future.

I agree.

> : In fact, shouldn't we move doap.rdf from /lucene/
> :
> :   https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/java/trunk/docs/doap.rdf
> :
> : to:
> :
> :   https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/java/site/docs/doap.rdf
>
> just to clarify: site/docs are the website docs that aren't version
> specific, and trunk/docs are hte docs included in every release that
> are
> version specific ... correct?  (this info doesn't seme to have ever
> made
> it into the HowToUpdateTheWebsite) .. if that's the case, then i
> think you
> are correct.

That is my understanding.  OK I will move doap.rdf over.

> the docs/api redirect i hacked into the live site (and you
> thankfully fixed for me) should also probably be moved to here...

> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/java/site/docs/.htaccess
> (now that i realize it exists)

If we just add the redirect into this file, and check it into svn, and
move doap.rdf over, then the entire /www/people.apache.org/lucene/java/
docs can be regenerated from svn, except for the nightly docs that
Grant's cronjob copies over.

Mike