lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Sturlese <>
Subject RAM memory problems dealing with documents
Date Sat, 25 Oct 2008 21:44:23 GMT

Hey there,
I am having some memory trouble with my Lucene app. I need to get the info
and delete about 1000 docs every time I execute the app. I get the IDs of
the documents to delete from a database and for all single ID I get the data
from the indexed doc using an index searcher and topdocs (searching by the
ID I previously got). Once I get the info I close the index searcher and
delete the doc using indexwriter (indexwriter.deletedocuments(term)). I do
this fore every document I need to delete. The problem is than the app
starts increasing memory in use until 778Mb... and doing similar stuff like
adding documents from DB to index it stands in 150 as maximum.
I think the problem happen when i get the documents. I tryed to use the same
indexsearcher to get all the docs but nothithng changed. I try also to put
topdocs to null and the query and queryparse I use to get the doc to null
aswell but nothing changes.
Has someone experienced this problem?.
I am using lucene 2.4 but with 2.3 was the same
Sorry for my english and thanks in advanced.

Marc Sturlese
Sent from the Lucene - Java Developer mailing list archive at

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message