lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Nadav Har'El" <...@math.technion.ac.il>
Subject Re: draft 2.4 announcement
Date Sun, 05 Oct 2008 17:22:51 GMT
On Sun, Oct 05, 2008, Michael McCandless wrote about "Re: draft 2.4 announcement":

> I think you're right, we should mention this.
>
> How about changing that bullet like this?:
>
>   * All filters now return a DocIdSet instead of java.util.BitSet,
>     making filters more efficient and flexible.  Searching with a
>     Filter is now more efficient: now the filter is applied to a
>     document before scoring is done.

Thanks, it's better I think.

Maybe it even deserves its own bullet - I don't think there's too much
connection between the two improvements?

Thanks,
Nadav.

--
Nadav Har'El                        |       Sunday, Oct  5 2008, 7 Tishri 5769
http://nadav.harel.org.il           |they see themselves. - Abraham Lincoln