lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Lucene 2.4.0
Date Wed, 08 Oct 2008 01:49:57 GMT
I really hate to do this, but the source tests don't compile, since we
now rely on JUnit to be shipped w/ Lucene.

Steps:
download the source tarball
untar
ant test

Lots of compile errors.  I think we just need to package lib/junit
with the src.  Of course, maybe not a big deal, as we didn't package
JUnit before, but we also didn't have a lib directory before, either.
Not sure if it is a show stopper.

However, when I copy junit into a lib directory there, I get:

  [junit] Testcase:
testHugeFile(org.apache.lucene.store.TestHugeRamFile):    Caused an
ERROR
     [junit] Java heap space
     [junit] java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
     [junit]     at java.util.Arrays.copyOf(Arrays.java:2760)
     [junit]     at java.util.Arrays.copyOf(Arrays.java:2734)
     [junit]     at java.util.ArrayList.ensureCapacity(ArrayList.java:
167)
     [junit]     at java.util.ArrayList.add(ArrayList.java:351)
     [junit]     at
org.apache.lucene.store.RAMFile.addBuffer(RAMFile.java:69)
     [junit]     at
org
.apache
.lucene.store.RAMOutputStream.switchCurrentBuffer(RAMOutputStream.java:
129)
     [junit]     at
org
.apache.lucene.store.RAMOutputStream.writeBytes(RAMOutputStream.java:
115)
     [junit]     at
org
.apache.lucene.store.TestHugeRamFile.testHugeFile(TestHugeRamFile.java:
68)
     [junit]

This passes when I run trunk on the same machine, but fails on both
the branch and the downloaded src file.  I know I could just increase
the memory, but it seems odd that trunk passes.

Otherwise, things look good.

So -0, I guess.

On Oct 7, 2008, at 9:55 AM, Michael McCandless wrote:

> Reminder: this is a new vote (started 2 days ago) to release 2.4.0.
>
> We still need 2 more binding (PMC) votes to release.
>
> Mike
>
> Michael McCandless wrote:
>

>> OK maybe 4th time's a charm ;)
>>
>> Let's start a new VOTE to release these artifacts (derived from svn
>> rev 701827) as Lucene 2.4.0:
>>
>> http://people.apache.org/~mikemccand/staging-area/lucene2.4take4
>>
>> Here's my +1.
>>
>> Mike