lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Luis Fco. Ramirez Daza Gonzalez" <luis.fco.rami...@rightalternatives.com>
Subject Can I filter the results returned by IndexReader.terms(field) using a field?
Date Tue, 07 Oct 2008 01:36:47 GMT
Hi

I use IndexReader.Terms() to get all the terms in the index and then I
iterate through the list and get only those terms for a specific field.

Is there a way to get the terms for a particular field? Otherwise I have to
read all the terms in the index just to get the terms of a field. Something
like>

TermEnum termEnum = reader.terms("<fieldname>");

I need this because I want to show a list of all the terms available in some
fields, so the user can select from a list or from an autocomplete textbox.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Luis