lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Ning Li" <>
Subject Re: Realtime Search for Social Networks Collaboration
Date Mon, 08 Sep 2008 14:05:00 GMT

We experimented using HBase's scalable infrastructure to scale out Lucene:

There is the concern on the impact of HDFS's random read performance
on Lucene search performance. And we can discuss if HBase's architecture
is best for scale-out Lucene. But to me, the general idea of reusing a scalable
infrastructure (if a suitable one exits) is appealing - such an infrastructure
already handles repartitioning for scalability, fault tolerance etc.

I agree with Otis that the first step for Lucene is probably to
support real-time
search. The instantiated index in contrib seems to be something close...

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message