lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Yonik Seeley" <yo...@apache.org>
Subject email archives
Date Sat, 13 Sep 2008 02:04:33 GMT
On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 6:01 AM, Michael McCandless (JIRA)
<jira@apache.org> wrote:
> Spinoff from here:
>
>    http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/lucene-java-user/200809.mbox/%3Cba72f77f0809111418l29cf215dnd45bf679832d7d42%40mail.gmail.com%3E

I had to go to another email archive to find your responses.
The useability of the official apache email archives really isn't great.

What do people think of using other email archives to reference threads?
The danger is that they could go away some day, destroying contextual
information.
But every time someone references something from
mail-archives.apache.org, I need to click on it and cut-n-paste the
title into a more sane email archive like nabble or markmail.

I tend to use nabble, and one nice thing is that the URLs seem to
contain the subject, which really enhances the ability to put things
back together (search for it in other email archives) if they ever did
go away.
Example:
http://www.nabble.com/segment-exists-in-external-directory-yet-the-MergeScheduler-executed-the-merge-in-a-separate-thread-to19445022.html#a19445022

Thoughts?