lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Yonik Seeley" <yo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Realtime Search for Social Networks Collaboration
Date Sat, 06 Sep 2008 15:21:42 GMT
There's a good percent of the Solr community that is looking to add
everything you are (from a functional point of view).  Some of the
other little things that we haven't considered (like a remote Java
API) sound cool... no reason not to add that also.  We're also
planning on adding alternatives to some of the things you don't
currently like about Solr (HTTP, XML config, etc).

Apache has always emphasized "community over code"... and it's a large
part of what open source is about here.  It's not always easier and
faster to work in an open community, making compromises and trying to
reach general consensus, but it tends to be good for projects in the
long term.

-Yonik