lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Jason Rutherglen" <jason.rutherg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ocean and GData
Date Tue, 30 Sep 2008 16:28:34 GMT
The wiki site has now changed to
http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/RealtimeSearch which only has the
realtime search documentation.  The other components that may be a fit
for SOLR are listed at
http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/OceanComponents

On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 11:43 AM, Jason Rutherglen
<jason.rutherglen@gmail.com> wrote:
> The wiki has been updated to reflect the addition of the RDMBS
> comparison, the removal of references to GData.
>
> On Sat, Sep 27, 2008 at 12:36 PM, Otis Gospodnetic
> <otis_gospodnetic@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> I think it's a lot simpler to just say "look how RDBMS does it - you insert and can
immediately select what you just added without incurring any kind of extra cost" and that's
it.  Seems plenty clear and less confusing, I think.

>>  Otis
>> --
>> Sematext -- http://sematext.com/ -- Lucene - Solr - Nutch

G*
>>> is because it's Google's and is known for search?

 If so,