lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Jason Rutherglen" <jason.rutherg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Realtime Search for Social Networks Collaboration
Date Thu, 04 Sep 2008 14:21:40 GMT
Hi Yonik,

I found the basic integration with SOLR and Ocean to be fairly
straightforward, the https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-567
patch is key to that.  SOLR just needs an optimistic concurrency
update handler and most of the functionality would work.  I guess the
problem would be, removing the ability to do things that in realtime
are unnecessary like commit, optimize, and others. It's doable, let me
know if you need some help making some decisions about things.

Take care,
Jason