lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Karl Wettin <karl.wet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Realtime Search for Social Networks Collaboration
Date Mon, 08 Sep 2008 18:58:01 GMT
I need to point out that the only thing I know InstantiatedIndex to be
great at is read access in the inverted index. It consumes a lot more
heap than RAMDirectory and InstantiatedIndexWriter is slightly less
efficient than IndexWriter.

Please let me know if your experience differs from the above statement.