lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Karl Wettin <karl.wet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 2.4 release candidate 1
Date Fri, 19 Sep 2008 14:16:27 GMT
There is going to be an rc2, right?

A couple of people have asked me questions about the performance of
InstantiatedIndex (via private mail and on the freenode #lucene
channel). They have tried to use it as a replacement for RAMDirectory
when it has been a rather large corpora. There is a graph in the JIRA
issue that clearly shows this is not always a good idea, and I think
it would be a good thing to include this graph is the package javadocs.

http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12353601/HitCollectionBench.jpg

Is there still time to get that in there? As this will be the first
release containing InstantiatedIndex I'd say it makes a lot of sense
to pop it in.

Do I have karma to modify the branch? Binary files and patches does
not compute according to svn diff.

        karl