lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Antony Bowesman <...@teamware.com>
Subject Re: Change to MultiReader
Date Sun, 14 Sep 2008 23:21:29 GMT
> Is the readerIndex being public all that useful, though?  Would it make
> sense to just add the last id method here?  What other uses for the
> readerIndex() is there?

I have 1..n indexes open and each open index has one or more caches, e.g.
Map<DocNumber, MyInfo> or chained caching filters.  When a search is made I am
making something like

new IndexSearcher(MutiReader(new IndexReader[] {a,b,c})) or
new IndexSearcher(MutiReader(new IndexReader[] {c,d,e))

where a,b,c,d,e are the partitions to be searched.  Knowing only the real Id
doesn't tell me in which cache (associated with a particular IndexReader) I can
then get MyInfo from, so the reader instance is essential, in the same way
MultiSearcher.subSearcher() is.

Antony