lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Setting Fix Version in JIRA
Date Tue, 23 Sep 2008 19:33:13 GMT
Hi,

When people add new issues to JIRA they most often don't set the "Fix Version" field.  Would
it not be better to have a default value for that field, so that new entries don't get forgotten
when we filter by "Fix Version" looking for issues to fix for the next release?  If every
issue had "Fix Version" set we'd be able to schedule things better, give reporters and others
more insight into when a particular item will be taken care of, etc.  When we are ready for
the release we'd just bump all unresolved issues to the next planned version (e.g. Solr 1.3.1
or 1.4 or Lucene 2.4 or 2.9)

Thoughts?

Otis